The Millennial Wellness Podcast is officially HERE!!! Click here to Listen!
Our very first episode features one of the sweetest and most down to earth women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Concita Thomas is a powerhouse and has been helping hundreds of women take charge of their health and not only achieve their weight-loss goals but sustain them! Concita is a food & fitness strategist and today she shared with us some amazing gems & three ways to get started on your weight-loss journey TODAY!
Amazing Gems From This Episode
- "The minute I broke up with my obsession to have immediate gratification was the minute that I stopped yo-yo dieting." --Concita Thomas
- It takes about 2-4 weeks to actually see physical changes when you begin to work towards your weight-loss goals
- Find 3 things (dietary, exercise, or lifestyle oriented) that will move the needle for you. This could be reducing starches in your diet, walking a certain amount of steps per day, or simply getting enough sleep. Here are some ways to help you find out what moves the needle for you!
- Assess your diet. Most people in their 20s aren't drinking enough water or they are eating too much starch and not enough veggies.
- Are you doing the right kind of exercise? Most of us LOVE good, sweaty workout on the treadmill or in a Zumba class but don't forget about those weights, ladies! Resistance training is where it's at!
- Do you have an effective stress management skill? Stress tricks our body into keeping those unwanted pounds so it's important to find out what helps you relax and unwind. This could be leisure reading, Netflix, a glass of wine, or even coloring in those new, fancy adult coloring books!
- Walk as much as possible! Yep...you read that right. Consistent, daily walks are one of the best ways to trim down and stay lean
Concita's 3 Tips to Jumpstarting Your Weight Loss Today
- Master the Basics! Optimize your protein, veggies, & water
- Make an effort to move every day
- Respect the process & enjoy the journey
Where to Find Concita: